22 December 2010

Hello again.

Well I suppose it is time to brush off the dust from Cobblestone Chronicles...

Departure date: January 1st 2011, 4:00 pm
Return date: April 4th 2011, 5:10 pm

Destination: Italy

From January 3rd until March 11th I will be doing school - I am taking three courses while I am away. Classics 355 - The Roman City; Classics 478 - The power of beauty; Int 125 - Conversational Italian.

From March 12th until April 4th I will be travelling with my wonderful Mother. The plan is to show her around Italy (my first love), check out a few new places together (including Greece), venture back to my second love - London, and then come home to our very lonely significant others.

This is going to be an adventure of a lifetime, and I am unbelievably excited! I am definitely nervous to travel for so long by myself, but I am also looking forward to the independence. The past few months, weeks and days have been spent getting details into place. The closer departure gets the more nervous I get! What if I forget something extremely important??? What if I simply forget to pack it? This is so new, yet somewhat familiar. I am glad I backpacked Europe with Colette in 2009, because I feel so much more confident in my preparations this time around.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Yay! So exciting! Can't wait to read about your latest adventures. I say go with the travel blog and "forget" about your other blog while you're away. It would be kinda fun to have all your travel stuff in one place and your home stuff in another, especially since that's already how it has been! But whatever you choose, I'll be following!