08 May 2009

Cinnamon Latte's and Machiatto's



So I've discovered that the comments feed is not working, and I don't have the time to find a new template that will let you post comments - so just head on over to facebook and leave me messages anytime - I'm checking there regularly as well.

Yesterday we went to see Kensington Palace - and saw where Queen Victoria grew up before she moved to Buckingham Palace upon ascending to the throne at 18. The architecture and paintings were breathtaking. There is another word I find myself using to describe almost everything I see around here. Everything really is just breathtaking. We then wandered the streets and found a little cafe called Apostrophe and sat down with a Cinnamon Latte, Fruit tart, Machiatto and Triple Chocolate Muffin. Yes folks, we were wired about 30 seconds in. So Yummy!!














Madame Tussauds is a wax museum with lifelike wax figures of many famous stars, and some movie characters as well. Here's our encounter with the Stars:




























I'm crossing my fingers that this will get a rise out of my Mother... She has tickets to go see the Lion King with my Dad later this year. But Colette and I scored last minute tickets to see the Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre where it has been playing for 10 years. It was an incredible show, and now I desperately want to go see more theatre performances. However, looking at my wallet, I think one will have to suffice this trip.


Today we went to Buckingham Palace to watch changing of the guards - which got rained out - maybe tomorrow. But on the way we stopped at St. James Palace. This was the official sovereign residence in the 1600's until Queen Victoria ascended to the throne and moved to Buckingham. Don't get confused; Victoria lived in Kensington before becoming Queen - not St. James. There are probably half a dozen palaces in London. Anyways, at St. James Palace, we got the chance to test out the theory that you cannot make the Palace Guards smile. I think he thought we were cute - or weird - because he definitely smiled, giggled, and made faces at us, as well as followed us with his eyes the whole time we were there. Success! We made the Palace Guard crack!!

No comments: