03 May 2009

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm still completely in shock that we're actually doing this. It has always been a dream of mine to travel...especially to Italy. But today I got thinking about the things I'm going to miss while I'm gone...

my family
my bed & pillow
home cooked meals
my cellphone
my ipod
Leia (our dog)
popcorn
Tim Hortons

Okay I'm only gone a month...but these are important things that I don't often go for long without! I'm NOT going to miss this ridiculous weather as we wait for Spring to decide it has arrived. Nor am I going to miss work. Not that I don't like work (for those coworkers that might be reading), but time off will prepare me for those long days of teaching lessons waiting for me in July.
Hopefully the weather will be gorgeous over there. Supposedly spring is one of the most beautiful times of the year in Europe. The picture at the top of this post is one I found of spring in Spain. I can't wait to see these things myself!
Forecast for London when we arrive?
Tuesday: Drizzly, cloudy, mild High of 18 C, Low of 9 C
Wednesday: More sun than cloud High of 19 C, Low of 10 C
Not too bad...I'll take it!

1 comment:

KPetrie said...

You are going to have a blast! Take a tonne of photos so I can live vicariously though you! :D And may you find a pillow that shall begood enough to substitute your own!